For Schools and Colleges
DYW and Education
DYW DG can help schools and colleges in the region build partnerships with local employers across a variety of sectors. This can enhance the learning and career opportunities for young people and help prepare them for the world of work.
How DYW DG can help you
DYW can help your school or college to:
- work with local employers
- learn more about the local labour market and key employment sectors in the region
- deliver career-based learning in the classroom
- enhance your pupils' education through work-related activity
- support your pupils and students obtain skills and knowledge the workforce needs
- promote work experience opportunities and apprenticeships
- raise awareness of career and job opportunities in Dumfries and Galloway
- help young people achieve positive training and career destinations
Partner employers may also be willing to support the success of your school in other ways, for example through sponsorship or work experience activities.
DYW DG aims to support meaningful and productive school/employer partnerships in all secondary schools in the region by 2020.
We also plan to have additional partnership opportunities in primary schools and early years settings.